Whether engaged to coach individuals or teams, or to address specific workplace relationship issues or broader organizational and systemic concerns, we offer a customized approach suited to your needs, and tailored to your business and organizational culture.
Over the years, helping our clients has involved:
- coaching and focus groups to explore issues or options
- informal inquiries to respond to situations of conflict or team dysfunction
- formal investigations to uncover and address inappropriate workplace conduct
- management reviews to assess organizational strengths and opportunities
- probing the potential for improvements in economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- organizational redesign, job design to realign roles and reporting relationships
- best practice studies to obtain input and ideas
- introducing a balanced scorecard perspective to facilitate goal alignment
Complaints from employees about inappropriate behaviour in the workplace can often be addressed internally by a designated internal specialist. However, some situations warrant attention from a neutral, professional third party to ensure that complaints are objectively and thoroughly assessed and that legislated requirements are met. Disputes between individuals or conflict between groups can seriously impact on the work environment and productivity. If you are dealing with a sensitive, challenging situation involving ongoing conflict or allegations of harassment, bullying or discrimination, you may need to bring in outside expertise. We are here to help.
In cases where an investigation is warranted or desired, MAIS offers an independent third-party examination to identify, collect and report the relevant facts and considerations. MAIS also provides advice and guidance in assessing the need for an investigation and identifying suitable options on a case-by-case basis (i.e. formal, informal, internal or external reviews). All workplace investigations are conducted with utmost discretion, and in recognition of associated time sensitivities. In addition to providing investigative services, MAIS is also available to advise regarding related policy and procedure development.
MAIS offers advice to assist your organization in achieving its identified goals. Whether in connection with a review or investigation or as a stand-alone engagement, our approach is to support you in crystalizing your purpose and identifying any organizational or interpersonal factors influencing your success.
We have supported clients with initiatives such as:
- identifying and resolving sources of confusion, frustration or conflict
- clarifying roles and responsibilities, accountability and authority
- redesigning the management reporting structure
- assessing workload complexity and distribution, and resource allocation
- job design, rationalizing position upgrades or new positions
- refocusing programs/services/functions to support new direction
- realigning management practices and team activities
- streamlining operations, improving productivity
MAIS offers coaching services to support individuals, managers and teams. We believe that helping people to feel confident and resourceful is good business. Through a facilitated process of exploration, clients develop enhanced awareness, confidence and clarity about options. The process involves guided conversation, facilitated goal-setting, learning and action. Depending on client location and preference, coaching sessions can be in person, by telephone or online.
Our approach is based on the Adler model of professional coaching and the principles of positive psychology, appreciative management and contemporary OD. As a member of the International Coach Federation, we are bound by the ICF professional regulations and code of ethics.